Saturday, May 16, 2015

The End is Near

The end of the school year is winding down and this year it can't come soon enough!

The last couple of months have been really rough. I've had two students who have thrown the classroom environment into chaos. I'm bit and kicked several times each day. One of the students has violent tendencies - throwing chairs repeatedly, chucking classroom supplies at staff, and has the mouth of an adult…vocabulary included. Both children elope from the classroom several times each day and the additional aide they put in my classroom hasn't done anything to decrease the behaviors we have been seeing.

I'm exhausted. I come every night and hope this isn't the night I completely breakdown. I tend to my bruises and pray that God gives me the strength to get through another day of work.

Sigh.

Send good thoughts my way, friends. I'm going to need them in order to survive the last three weeks of school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment