Monday, December 22, 2014

Student Loans SUCK

So, one of the reasons I have been so busy the last few months is probably because I've applied (and accepted) part-time tutoring positions with three different tutoring companies. I'm a contracted tutor (which means I can pick and choose which jobs I want to take). I can make my own hours (after working a full day in the classroom) and can pick the areas I want to tutor in.


Right now, I've got four clients with one company and am tutoring 4-8 hours per week, outside of my regular work commitments as a full-time teacher.

My mom was a little concerned that I was stretching myself too thin with all of the additional work. (But with my student loans entering repayment, I'm in desperate need of some additional funds!) So after a talk with my step-dad, they agreed that they would pay for me to get my notary license. My mom recently had to get some documents notarized and was talking to the women who came by to notarize the paperwork. Apparently, you can get pretty decent wages working as a notary. She thought it might be a good alternative to having to work so many part-time jobs.

So, starting next month, I will begin my classes to get my notary license (thanks to my wonderful parents!)


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you on the Teaching Blog Addict and am your newest follower. You are a hard working lady! I'll have to check out that tutoring company too.
    Warmly,
    Jennifer
    Astute Hoot: Tools for the Wise Teacher
    www.astutehoot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jennifer!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment - your readership is GREATLY appreciated!

    I really like your website - took a chance to read Jessica's MLK Jr. post! What a great idea! I look forward to reading more and gathering some more ideas for my own classroom.

    Thank you so much again!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete