Wednesday, October 15, 2014

TMI But Oh Well...

So I have been absent from the blogosphere over the last week or so because I've been inundated by sickness, ailment, and a whole battery of unwanted stress.

I was admitted to the ER last Wednesday by my primary doctor because he wanted to "rule out appendicitis". Several blood and urine tests later - along with several medications given in the ER and four prescriptions to take with me - they still couldn't identify why I was admitted with the severe pains. But the medications they had given me were providing some relief, so they sent me home on bed rest for the rest of the week.

So the weekend came and I was feeling well enough to attend my aunt's surprise birthday party in Redlands with my family. Low and behold, my cousin (who was hosting the event) failed to mention his kids were sick with the stomach flu the day before and still had one sick the day of the party - and let the kids mingle with us adults. Fast forward to Sunday evening where I am draped around my toilet, hugging it like a pillow as I purge myself of everything I had eaten earlier that evening. Thanks, cuz.

Monday and Tuesday were spent either in bed or throwing up in the toilet - from both ends. It was HORRIBLE. I had a fever of 101 degrees and all the vomiting and dancing bowels had me dehydrated. I wasn't eating anything. Not very fun.

I went into work today (against my better judgment) only because I didn't want to miss my pre-observation conference prior to school starting today. Aren't I a great employee? Tonight, I am feeling only minimally better than I had been all day today…at least well enough to get this tale down onto my blog. 

I will be back to regular posts as soon as I can manage, friends. Stick with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment