Monday, May 5, 2014

Life Cyclin'

My class has been studying life cycles in our classroom. We started with chicken life cycles and visited a farm (that had a baby chick room). I went out and bought a couple of chicks from a feed store (who knew chicks were so cheap?) The kids really enjoyed learning about the chicks and keeping them in the classroom.





After the chicken life cycle, we studied frog life cycles. I purchased a great little life cycles unit from Falling Into First's TPT store. (It has chicken, frog, butterfly, and meal worm life cycles!) My grade level team liked the unit so much that they're using the unit in their classrooms as well.

My class is currently working on the butterfly life cycle. We read The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle this past week and completed some writing and Eric Carle inspired crafts. Here's a peak at what we did…






I thought our crafts turned out really cute - each a little unique and different. What do you think? 

Until next time.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment