Thursday, May 1, 2014

Jump Start

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been busy preparing for the coming school year - even though this one isn't even over yet! I've been slowly working on building a classroom set of items to post on Teachers Pay Teachers - to include things like incentive charts, schedule cards, classroom clip chart posters, and other tools that special education teachers would find useful in their classrooms.

I've found that these kind of classroom sets are a huge time saver - especially if you need to get your classroom organized in a hurry (like I did at the beginning of this school year - I only had two days to get my classroom up and running before school started!) 

One tool that I find useful to have for my students is a desk name plate that can be referenced as needed. I didn't have time to make any so I ended up buying them at the last minute. My students' name plates didn't have any special reference material this year (they were generic ones I bought at the teacher supply store) and I wanted to create something better for the coming year.

Cute but they have nothing to reference
So - as I always do when I can't find products that fit my specific classroom's needs - I created my own! My desk name plates are colorful and bright (to match my schedule cards) and have reference materials my students could use - a number line, alphabet, right/left hands, shapes, and a hundreds chart. 

If you'd like to check them out, see the product page on my TPT store here. Start the school year off right with these great tools for students!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment