Sunday, March 9, 2014

Seuss-tastic Ideas!

So, this past Monday was Read Across America Day (a.k.a. Dr. Seuss' Birthday or "Cat in the Hat Day" as my students called it.) It's a favorite in my classroom and the kids love Dr. Seuss books!

In preparation for Read Across America Day, my kiddos made some Cat in the Hat crafts. They really loved the crafts.



On Monday, we had an hour of Seuss activities, which included me reading two choice favorites to the kids - The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham. While we read, we completed a tree map with word families that came up in the stories. The kids loved that! We had fun determining the rhymes and word families.





At the last minute, I also found a "Things" craft which the kids completed. They really enjoyed that…and naming their "Things" "Thing 0."




The kids loved Read Across America Day and have been asking for more Dr. Seuss books since. I'm so glad that they have been inspired to read!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment