Friday, March 21, 2014

Ciao, Bella!

As a teacher leader with People to People, I have the amazing opportunity to travel with students every summer for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. This past summer (my first summer traveling with them) I had the opportunity to travel to England and France. This coming summer I will be going to 7 countries in 21 days - England, France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and the Netherlands. 


I've had the travel bug ever since I boarded my first plane. I've traveled extensively across the United States - by car and plane - and have, within the last three years, started adding more international stamps to my passport. 

My dream has always been to travel to Italy - the land of hearty Italian food and pasta, Michelangelo's masterpieces, and the stories of Juliet and her Romeo. My mother (who has never traveled outside of the US) has also dreamed of going to Italy - specifically, to Rome to see our Catholic pope and the treasures of Vatican City. 

So, for her birthday/Christmas gift, I decided to purchase two round-trip plane tickets for us to go to Italy for spring break. Because if not now, then when? I wanted her first international travel experience to be spent with me on a trip that was sure to be unforgettable. 

We are spending the next week in Italy - going to Rome, Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, and Pisa. I'm so excited to get to see the beautiful and historical places that I have only seen in movies or read about in books…until now!

I will be back to blogging as soon as we're back in California. Have a safe, restful and happy spring break, teacher friends!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment