Wednesday, October 23, 2013

An Apple for Teacher

I was recently surprised when a brand-new Apple TV arrived through the district mail for me. At first I thought our technology department had sent it to me by mistake. But I then found out that I received the unit in response to a request I made for something completely different earlier this school year. I'm ecstatic to have some new technology in my classroom!
I have an Apple TV in my own home and I'm curious to see how other teachers utilize Apple TVs in their classrooms. I've been using YouTube to show videos and Hulu and Netflix for our Friday Fun Day movies.

As CCSS Technology Lead for my school site, I also have the opportunity to visit a 1:1 iPad classroom in November. It's an opportunity that is sponsored by Apple and I'm so excited to get to see this time of classroom in action. Our district is attempting to have all classrooms with 1:1 iPads in the next couple of years. I'm very excited to see how technology and CCSS will be used collaboratively within the context of special education. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment