Friday, August 30, 2013

Chaos Contained

With the start to the three-day holiday weekend, I have FINALLY found some time to catch y'all up on the happenings of my new classroom. It's been a long two and a half weeks...and that's an understatement. Here's what you've missed...

I started my new job on August 16th, after only having two days (the Monday and Tuesday before) to prepare my classroom. Yeah...TWO DAYS to get everything I needed to get done. Thankfully, I had my awesome teacher friend, Kim, come in and she was a huge help in getting my bulletin boards put up, furniture organized, and helped transform the hazard that was the classroom into a semi-managable mess. 








I decided to go with a jungle theme just as I did last year. I picked up some new items from TeachersPayTeachers - some sight words, a new behavior chart, a word wall alphabet, and some directional labels for the classroom - among other things!

It took two 12-hour days to get my classroom into decent shape for the students on Wednesday. One of the perks, though, was finding out that I get a nice Mac desktop computer to use in my classroom. I also managed to scrounge up some older iMacs for the kiddos to use. 













Two and a half weeks in, and we are still sorting through boxes that I have brought over from my storage unit. I found out very quickly what I could keep out and what had to be put away from prying hands. Some things will, unfortunately, have to be locked up in my cabinet.

I will post more pictures this coming week of what my classroom looks like with actual work hanging on the walls! Stay tuned!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment