Monday, July 22, 2013

New School, New Me

I am three weeks away from starting the fall term at my new school and school district and I couldn’t be more anxious and a little freaked out! Much like a student, I have butterflies in my stomach and that knot feeling in my gut every time I think about starting at a new school.

I’ve spent the last five and a half years at my former district (longer if you include the time I interned for them at the college level), so leaving the district to go teach elsewhere has been a big transition for me. I left some valuable colleagues and friends and I pray that I’m able to establish the same sense of security, collaboration, and community that I felt at my last job site.

I’m also switching grade levels, which has added to my anxiety. I’ve taught a kindergarten special day class for the last two years and I’m now moving up to a 2nd/3rd grade combination special day class. Although I’ve worked with 2nd and 3rd graders both in an RSP program and through private tutoring, I’m nervous as to how my experience will translate to a SDC classroom setting. I just hope that I prove to be as good of a teacher as I know myself to be.

Wish me luck!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment