Friday, June 28, 2013

Empty Room, Empty Heart

I’ve spent a lot of time in my classroom the last few weeks packing up what has been my life for the last two years. It’s been a very melancholy experience and while I know I have bigger and better things to look forward to, it’s sad to say goodbye to all the work, memories, and learning that these four walls have witnessed during the last two years.

The mere fact that I’ve managed to fit my teaching career (thus far) into about 25 boxes and that everything that I am as a teacher fits into a 5x8 storage unit is unnerving. It makes me sad to leave.
 

I’m trying to look on the bright side, though. I will spend the summer traveling in Europe and a bit domestically and then return to a new classroom, school district and new set of opportunities in August. I can only hope that this new beginning takes me to where I’m supposed to end up.

Wish me luck on my new journey!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment